Guidance for Smart Consumer
Due to technical problems in our website www.nationalconsumerhelpline.com, the complaints logged in by consumers between 20th – 23rd Oct, 5th and 6th November 2015 is not accessible. In case your complaint pertains to a Convergence Company of NCH, and is unresolved, you are requested to register your complaint again.
Total Hits :9711707
NCH - Zone
Guidance for smart consumers
Your are not LoggedIn
Pls. click here
to Login Now...
If you have any Complaint
related to Product /
Services or Brand
Sectors Covered :
<< Back to Sectors List
Petroleum/ LPG/PNG :
Public sector Companies who are supplying Domestic LPG in cylinder are –
• Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. with their subsidiary company IBP (Indo Burma Petroleum).
• Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
• Bharat Petroleum Ltd.
In Private sector there are very few operators except Reliance under the company “Mahanagar Gas Distributors Ltd.” in Mumbai & Gujarat.
CNG produced by Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL) is distributed by Indraprastha Gas Ltd. (IGL) in Delhi Region.
M/S. IGL is also responsible for running CNG filling stations and provide domestic cooking gas through Pipeline.
Frequently Occurring Problems are:-
Complaint against domestic supply of PNG are negligible.
PNG complaints are mainly for delay in getting pipeline connection though the consumers have deposited their initial payment. The waiting period is enormous and not defined clearly.
The average number of complaints received at NCH against irregular service and for other problems against LPG distributors are generally ranging from 350 to 500 per month.
The major complaints from the users of LPG are as follows:
• At the time of new connection, dealers are insisting that the customer must take various appliances (like gas stove at Dealers’ choice, Rubber hose and other allied equipment.)
• Delay in supplying gas cylinder is a chronic problem for all gas suppliers. Dealers are not entertaining the phone calls and not registering the customers’ booking.
• Gas cylinder is less in weight.
• Tedious formalities in booking a new gas connection.
• Refusal for registering complaints by the dealers.
The complaints against PNG are as follows:
• Abnormal delay in getting new connection
• Billing problem
• No appropriate complaint registering center (CRC).
• Delay in attending complaints etc.
PSU Oil Companies have provided their own network system to handle consumer grievance spread throughout the country. Each company has circulated their own IVRS which are applicable throughout all metro cities. State-wise Regional Customer care centers exist where grievances can be lodged. IGL has a 24 hrs customer care centre. Emergency telephone nos are provided by the agencies at various places.
2nd Tier –
Complaint can be sent to the nodal officer of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas . The Petroleum and Natural gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) in the regulator in this area. It is pay attention to regulation for consumer complaints.
As a last step to approach the Consumer Forum.
<< Back to Sectors List
| Copyright © National Consumer Helpline.All rights reserved.